Board of Directors
Ahmed Merzouk, PHD; Director, President and Chief Executive Officer
Dr. Merzouk holds a PhD in Organic Chemistry from University of Paris-Sud (Paris-XI), France. He has more than 18 years’ experience in industry and academia in drug discovery of small and large molecules. The expertise of Dr. Merzouk ranges from design, synthesis, and purification of synthetic molecules to extraction of active ingredients from natural sources. Dr. Merzouk was the previous Chemistry Director of Chemokine Therapeutics Corp. for eight years. He was responsible for the design and the synthesis of active analogues that were derived from the Chemokine’s family of proteins. Two of lead compounds that resulted from his work reached phase- II clinical trials (CTC9908, and CTCE0214). Dr. Merzouk has authored more than 17 peer-reviewed journals as well as 22 issued and pending US and PCT patents.
Yalcin Ilsever, PhD, CPA.CGA, IMA (USA), FICB; Director, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
Dr. Ilsever is Professor of Accounting, Finance and Statistical Measurement. He has extensive experience in the private sector in the issuance of fixed income securities and equities. Dr. Ilsever has also published extensively on electronic commerce platforms, and business measurement systems. Dr. Ilsever has been a Certified General Accountant since 1985 and a member of the Institute of Management Accountants in the US..[/grid_12]
Mohammed DH Hassona, RPH, PhD; Board Member.
Dr. Mohamed DH Hassona received his PhD degree from The Ohio State University, USA. He has more than 10 years’ experience in preclinical and translational research in pharmacology and molecular biology. Dr. Mohamed held positions ranging from Research Assistant to Assistant Professor. He has 10 published papers and 15 conference presentations. He has been invited to lecture in many international conferences. Dr. Hassona is also a Registered Pharmacist in Canada, the US and Egypt. He led the Preclinical (in vivo) subgroup in the drug design and development of the ARB project at Vancouver Prostate Cancer (VPC).
– B.Pharm, Faculty of Pharmacy, Helwan University, Cairo, Egypt 1999
– Master, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy, Helwan University, Cairo Egypt 2006
– PhD drug design and development. The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA 2010
– Assistant professor in Faculty of Pharmacy Helwan University, 2011
– Leading a research group to develop new anticancer drugs science 2012-2016, Vancouver Prostate Centre, Urology Department, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia. This is one of the top institute in the field worldwide.
– A scientific Board member for several companies in Canada and USA
– Invited to give talks in many international conferences in north America
– Awards from different Scientific Associations and pharmaceutical companies in North America i.e SIO, ASBMBs, Medicines company, Biopeps Solutions Inc.
– Registered Pharmacist in USA, Canada and Egypt
– over 20 scientific publication